WomanSafeHealth Consulting Services
Elizabeth Shadigian, MD, FACOG, NCMP
Elizabeth is an obstetrician-gynecologist, consultant, educator, and researcher specializing in the health, safety and well-being of women. Elizabeth received her medical degree from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and her bachelor of science in chemistry from Purdue University.
She is a diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology since 1996 and is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Elizabeth was on the faculty of the University of Michigan Medical School from 1994 until 2009 and for 12 years provided clinical care to women through the University of Michigan Health System. She founded WomanSafeHealth (her Empowering WomanCare and Gynecology private medical practice) and WomanSafeHealth Consulting in 2007. She is the author of, WomanSafeHealth: The Antidote to Status Quo Health Care, and is co-founder and Matriarch of the Battered Women and Children’s Memorial Garden.
- Expert witness testimony
- Medico-legal record reviews
- Educational seminars and small group discussions
- Evaluation of health systems and medical offices for woman-friendliness, safety and feminist practice
- Lectures on various topics, including:
- Health and safety of women
- Intimate partner violence, sexual abuse and child abuse
- Medico-legal training
- Ethics in obstetrics and gynecology
- Feminist Practice in medicine
- Other topics – please contact us with your requests