WomanSafeHealth offers a number of services that specifically address a woman’s emotional and psychological needs, including individual psychotherapy sessions. We offer coordination of care with in-house physicians Elizabeth Shadigian, MD and Marnie Burkman, MD and/or psychiatrists and/or primary care physicians, and midwives.
Adult Integrative Psychiatry
Your Integrative Psychiatry Visit with Marnie Burkman, MD
Dr. Burkman is currently participating in telehealth video appointments. She is not able to prescribe any controlled medications, such as benzos or stimulants to new clients via telehealth. Dr. Burkman treats adults (18 and over).
I believe that the health and balance of all systems of the body, mind, emotions and spirit are interconnected, and personal health is interconnected with the Earth and community in which you live. Instead of a “one-size-fits-all” approach to enhancing mental health, together we will develop a treatment plan that takes into consideration your uniqueness and all the levels that make up your total health. You will be offered education, guidance and direct therapeutic interventions that all strive to help you learn about yourself, find balance, heal and maintain wellness.
At your visit, a blend of evidence-based conventional, complementary and alternative approaches will be incorporated based on your needs. Rather than only treating the symptoms of mental health imbalances, we will explore and address root causes. These may include physical/emotional/spiritual traumas, nutritional or hormonal imbalances, genetic polymorphisms, toxic exposures, relationship losses, lifestyle stressors and learned beliefs and habits from childhood that no longer serve you. I honor and support this step you are taking towards deeper health and well-being.
- Functional Medicine
- Assessment/treatment for nutritional deficiencies, amino acid and hormonal imbalances, digestive issues, toxic exposures and food allergies that impact mental health
- Careful medication treatment, if indicated
- Pharmacogenetic testing to help select the right medication
- Guidance for simplifying multiple medication regimens
- Safely tapering off medication that is no longer needed
- Meridian Therapies such as Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma Releasing Exercises
- Insight-Oriented Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Supportive Therapy
- Emotional/Physical Self-Regulation Therapy
- Guided Imagery
- Relaxation Training
- HeartMath Biofeedback
- Alpha-Stim Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation
- Integrative “Second Opinion” Consultations
Holistic Care For:
- Mood swings
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep issues
- Relationship issues
- Attention and concentration issues
- Life transitions
- Health issues with a psychological or stress component