WomanSafeHealth offers a wide range of primary care health services for women. If desired, women are encouraged and allowed to have a support person either in the room or on site, for any visits or procedures. WomanSafeHealth team members are also available to provide support.
Empowering WomanCare (Primary Care)
Limited general women’s health care services include, but are not limited to:
- Well-Woman Annual Evaluation
- Seasonal Illnesses & Allergies
- Sinus, Throat and Upper Respiratory Infections
- Addiction and Recovery
- Pain Management
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- Thyroid Issues
- Weight gain or loss
- Women’s Psychological Health
- Body Image, Anorexia, and Bulimia
- Abuse and Recovery
- Second Opinions
- Acute Care for Dehydration with IV Therapy
- Other IV Therapies
- Smoking Cessation
- Nutritional Counseling
Suboxone Treatment for Addiction and Chronic PainElizabeth Shadigian, MD is certified to prescribe Suboxone (Buprenorphine and Naloxone) for treatment of opioid addiction as well as chronic pain management. If you need to initiate treatment, wish to maintain your current regimen or tweak it, or if you are ready to safely wean off, Elizabeth would be delighted to help.
Dr. Sachdev has a practice that focuses on assisting clients in managing their chronic health conditions. She takes a holistic approach using conventional treatments and complementary methods. She sees adolescents and adults and has practiced for over 30 years, offering comprehensive, holistic care for:
- Migraine headaches
- Prediabetes and diabetes
- Autoimmune diseases (Celiac, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sjogren’s, etc)
- Thyroid disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Other digestive disorders
- Undiagnosed joint pain/symptoms
- Skin conditions (Eczema, Vitiligo, Moles, Warts, etc)
- Heart Failure
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Pre and Post Cancer Care
Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
What is Traditional Chinese or Oriental Medicine?
TCM integrates body, mind, and spirit, concentrating on ongoing wellness versus treating symptoms, thus enhancing the body’s natural healing ability.
One of the basic principles of TCM is the concept of Qi (Chee). “Qi” or “energy” flows through the body via channels called meridians. When Qi is blocked by stress, poor diet, physical trauma, or lack of exercise, disease can ensue.
How are practitioners trained and licensed?
Is acupuncture comfortable?
How does Traditional Chinese Medicine work?
Is Traditional Chinese Medicine safe?
What conditions is Traditional Chinese Medicine useful for?
Massage & Polarity Therapy
How Can Massage Reduce Stress?
Massage helps one become more aware of physical tension and relieves it by giving the body a state of relaxation and well being. Allowing therapeutic touch can give much needed emotional support in times of heavy stress. A therapeutic massage helps the nervous system to minimize stress, remove tension in soft tissue, returns heart rate, blood pressure, and circulation to healthy levels. Massage greatly reduces stress, can address pain on many levels, and works best with other supportive health measures: rest, exercise, and a balanced diet. Having a regular massage is important maintenance for the body, providing an internal tune up and relaxed state of mind.
Physical Benefits of Massage
- Allows the body to experience a deep state of relaxation
- Relieves muscle tension and stiffness
- Increases joint flexibility
- Helps fine tune athletic performance
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation
- Strengthens immune system
- Provides relief from headache and other body pain
Emotional Benefits of Massage
- Reduces mental stress
- Improves ability to monitor stress
- Enhances the ability to think more clearly
- Increases the capacity to be more creative
- Creates feelings of deep well-being
- Raises positive self image and self esteem
- Heightens awareness of mind/body connection
- Provides a relaxed state of alertness
- Deep Tissue
- Soft Tissue Rehabilitation
- Traditional Relaxation
- Sports Massage
- Pre & Post Natal Massage
- Myofascial Massage Therapy
- Neuro-Muscular Therapy
- Polarity Therapy
Private Infant Massage
Topics and Activities Include:
Parent (or caregiver)/infant communication
Infant massage strokes
Comforting and soothing
Reducing digestive distress
Sessions/classes are $90 for a single session and $180 for double sessions. This fee includes up to two grown-ups per baby.